Skryne Minors are back in the Championship with a win over Ratoath.

Skryne Minors paved the way for the weekend in a game that there was everything left on the field in Ratoth. Skryne went into this game after the disappointment against Cilles on Tuesday night knowing a win was needed. To add to the win required they also had injury worries. Hogan Stand had given Skryne a glimmer of hope in the review but the Hogan stand had Ratoath down to win. The game started at a fantastic rate. Ratoath first point was from a free with 3mins gone. Skryne then went on the attack and Shane Smyth put the first Skryne attack just wide of the upright. Smyth who gives it his all then went on the attack and was fouled for Kian Reddy to step up and take the free and made no mistake. The game was in the balance and Skryne were really up for it. Ratoath launched another attack and scored a point to put them ahead. Skryne still looked to be comfortable and keeping with Raotath. Skryne worked a well earned ball up the field at pace and the half forwards played off each other Smyth found a gap and made no mistake to slot the ball into the net as cool as can be after 7mins Skryne won the kick out and Sean Keogh who had a really good game slotted it over the black spot. Skrynes defense of Jack Swan, Kristoffer Kinsella, Scott Armstrong, David Rathbourne, Sam Hawes & Kian Reddy were outstanding. Ratoath were struggling up front to make that final pass to create a score. The supporters from both sides were witnessing a real battle on the field. Rataoth launched an attack of their own and registered another point from a free. The forwards line were having a far better game then that on Tuesday night and any chance given were punishing the Ratoath team. The play of the game saw Skryne launch another attack again from the defense that include Smyth, Reddy and Oisin Keogh. A pass that looked to have gone away from Reddy some-how he got his foot to it to slide it to the back of the net. Skryne’s tails were up and game on !!! John Finnerty was given a perfect pass and was taken down for Reddy to step up again and slot it over the bar with 18mins gone. John O Regan & Shane Smyth played out of there skin in midfield and played superb. Ratoath was shell shocked and made some changes. It made a difference as from 18min to 24 Mins Ratoath notched on two points. Oisin Keogh settled the nerves with a Point on 25mins. The Forwards of Oisin Keogh, Sean Keogh, John Finnerty, Alex Grendon, Niall Morland and Billy Reilly worked really hard. Ratoath launched another attack only for a Skryne player to foul the player and get a yellow card. Two minutes later the same player fouled a Roatoth player and received a second yellow card to be sent to the side line just before half time. Disaster !!!!!! Ratoath went on to register a point of their own and for the referee to blow half time.

Skryne 2-04
Ratoath 0-8

Skryne came out at half time and really gave it there all. Ratoath registered the first point of the game and Reddy got the first free of the second half for Skryne. Skryne defense was superb all day and there was no shortage of blocks and turnovers or even forcing Ratoath to make a poor decision. Skryne kicked on to score a point when possibly a goal chance was on and Grendon struck it over the bar. The score board was still ticking !!! With Skryne up by two points Ratoath launched an attack of there own and registered a goal in the back of the net. Game on again after 11 mins !!! This really put Ratoath in the driving seat but say what you like these bunch of players were not going home without giving it everything. Ratoath registered another Score and the score board was not seeing either team pulling away. Skryne on 26 mins and in that time registered 3 Points with Keogh adding Two and O Regan registering One Point. This put Skryne up by Two points and que the nail biting. Ratoath launched three attacks of there own. Credit really to the lads that put there bodies on the line. Skryne turned over Ratoath twice in defense. Ratoath launched two more attacks again and scored one point to leave a single point in it with 3 Mins of added time play. Everyone was calling on the referee to blow the whistle. Right on 34 mins and 26 secs gone the referee blew the whistle to the joy of the Skryne players. This really made up for the game against Cilles and Gaelic football can be cruel and also bring you joy. Well done to the management and players of Skryne. The Skryne Minors would like to wish the Skryne Senior panel the best of luck on Sunday in Pairc Tailteann.
Skryne now must win against Trim and the Cilles Vrs Ratoath game will also be all to play for. Cilles will need a win to avoid a possible three way play off while Ratoath must win and if Skryne win Ratoath will be out.
Skryne Minor Panel :
Gary Browne, Sam Hawes, Jack Swan, Kristoffer Kinsella, Scott Armstrong, David Rathbourne, Kian Reddy, Shane Smyth, John O Regan, John Finnerty, Oisin Keogh, Alex Grendon, Niall Morland, Billy Reilly, James Mangan, Niall Finnerty, Alex Curran, Cathal Lenihan, Mark Swan, Rian Mc Connell, Cillian Moss, Andrew Nolan, Daniel O Kane, Luke O Brien.

Management : Declan Smyth, Padraig Finnerty, Mickey Johnson, Tony Morland.

Well done Lads:

Final Score
Ratoath 1-12 (15)
Skryne 2-10 (16)

About the Author: Cormac Grendon

Comments are closed.